Location: American Fork, UT Full Time Employment
ZimZee Recruiting is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer for an IS team. The primary responsibilities will be to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment where they will build and support robust, enterprise-class, and highly-available systems and services. This role assures the high availability and performance of core IT operations including network/cloud-based applications and services and data communications. They will also contribute to the development and implementation of Information Systems policies and procedures.
- Plan, design, implement, document, and maintain IT infrastructure and network engineering projects
- Research and evaluate emerging technologies and services
- Research and resolve technical issues found in production with immediate and long term solutions
- Respond reliably to on-call issues and escalations for end-users as needed
- Identify opportunities for more efficient and effective IT operations through the implementation of automation, proactive monitoring, and preventative maintenance.
- Execute regular malware, vulnerability and exploit assessment review
- Document and cross-train team members in areas of strong expertise
Required Skills and Experience
- 7+ years of experience in supporting enterprise-scale systems/network operations and deploying Windows servers and network services.
- Mastery of Microsoft server operating systems and services including AD, DNS, DHCP, RDP, IIS, WSUS, and group policy administration.
- Mastery of virtualization operations using Hyper-V and Windows Clustering Services
- Mastery of network/data/voice communications concepts and operations
- Expertise in installing, configuring, and managing multiple LAN/WAN network technologies (Dell/Cisco/Adtran switches, routers and firewalls).
- Expertise in installing and administering Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012 including replication and clustering technologies.
- Proficiency with configuring and administering SAN and shared storage technologies (Dell Compellent preferred).
- Strong experience administering Exchange and SharePoint (Office 365, Power BI and Lync preferred)
- Experience administering Microsoft Azure cloud services.
- Mastery of disaster recovery planning, high-availability, backup, recovery and continuity solutions
- Strong experience with systems operations monitoring, alerting and remediation
- Administrative scripting and automation experience
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and ability to work with users from all levels of the organization with all degrees of technology literacy.
- Proven ability to advance multiple high-complexity, high-visibility projects to success
Desired Skills and Experience
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Great Plains ERP administration experience
- Avaya IP office telephony platform administration experience
- Linux server administration experience