Location: Draper, UT Full Time Employment
This is a virtual position - Can live anywhere in the U.S.
ZimZee Recruiting is seeking an experienced Technology Leader to serve as Chief Technology Officer (CTO). The CTO will set the strategic technology direction for the organization and drive multiple product development teams responsible for new and existing customer-facing software and SaaS products. The CTO, reporting to the COO, will work in close collaboration with fellow executive staff members, Product Development and Marketing to drive the organization’s client facing products towards continued growth.
The CTO will lead a multi-national team of 35+ staff, including Software Engineering, Technical Product Management, Quality Assurance, Project Management, and Documentation. Past experience in a mixed environment of on-premise and Cloud based products is highly valued.
Roles and Requirements:
- Leads technical strategic planning to maximize business goals by development and deployment of all products and services.
- Leads creation of technology vision for the business going forward
- Defines development standards, organization, and methodologies for the company, and coordinates architecture and plans across multiple product lines.
- Collaborates closely with the business and customer segments to understand market requirements and help translate strategic and product priorities into technology roadmap plans.
- Manages prioritization of strategic objectives with operational, client facing support for multiple teams and products.
- Mentors and oversees personnel development plans for all technical staff
- Provides clear forecasts, and technical roadmaps to the executive team and executes against those plans
- Works within a strongly collaborative environment, negotiates challenges, identifies risks and provide associated mitigation strategies.
- Provides budget planning, resource allocation and capital spend within the organization’s overall business requirements.
- 10 + years leadership experience in software development, including planning, build, launch, and support of multi-release complex software products sold commercially to external clients.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft development stack, including but not limited to C#, .NET, Visual Studio, TFS.
- Solid understanding across all latest technologies impacting software development.
- Experience with delivery of client facing products using Cloud services, particularly Microsoft Azure, with AWS or Google Cloud Platform suitable.
- Experience with Agile development processes, particularly SCRUM methodology.
- Experience in leading multi-national development organizations including in-house staff, contract positions located on-shore, off-shore and hybrid.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience in managing a budget matching the organization’s strategic business goals and timelines with product deliverables.
- Experience in customer-centric product design. Contextual Inquiry or other customer-focused development process experience a strong plus.
- Undergraduate degree required. Graduate degree in computer science or another technical field, and/or a graduate business degree a strong plus.